Kratom is not detectable on many standard drug tests such as a 5-panel drug test, but some kratom alkaloids can be identified on certain drug tests that involve urine or blood. There is also a drug test that specifically tests for Kratom. It is known as a 10-panel drug test. When using a 10-panel drug test the substance can be detected for up to 7 days after use but many variables can influence how long the drug can be detected in a person system including:
- Fat percentage and body weight: Kratom is known to stay longer in the system of someone with heavier bodyweight.
- A person’s age: Older people metabolize drugs more slowly than those who are younger.
- Metabolic rate
- The amount of Kratom used
- Other substances that may have been consumed: Combining drugs affects the rate they eliminate from your body.
- Health problems
- Liver function: A person with liver disease may metabolize substances more slowly.